Flashparty is a place of comradery among enthusiasts who use technological platforms in an unusual manner to create artistic pieces. A place to show off what you do with the hardware or software you want and compete in a friendly way. A place of convergence between the demoscene, chiptune and retrocomputer communities and other computing sub-cultures.
On september 21, 22 and 23 we'll be waiting for you to celebrate the 20th Anniversary of the first argentine demoparty.
NOTE: Remote entries deadline is September 19 - 23:59 argentine time (GMT -3).
At Radioclub Almirante Brown, at Morales 1020 (intersection with Espora avenue) in Burzaco (click for google map), Almirante Brown, Province of Buenos Aires, Argentina. You can register as attendant here and we will let you know all the details, though registration is not mandatory to attend.
What does it feature?
- A community of people interested in showing what they do and take a look at what you do, exchange ideas and socialize.
- A room with big screen projection, big sound and air conditioning.
- A place for you to set up your computer, (portable, desktop, modern/old PC, Commodore 64, MSX, Amiga, ZX Spectrum or the one you choose).
Please bring your own electric extensions.
- Big outdoor place.
- Compos of different categories and disciplines so you can show-off all your nerd skills.
- Real-time generated performances.
- Retrocomputer gaming.
- Spontaneous compos on site during the event. (The magical part of Flashparty happens during the fast-compos, so we suggest you live the experience during the whole 3 days.)
- Live shows and exhibition of electronic arts.
- Comradery and good vibes, community spirit.
- Internal WIFI network for voting, uploading your entries, chatting, sharing files with other sceners, etc.
Does it cost any money?
We will require a contribution upon entering. Flashparty is completely non-profit and all the proceedings will be used for the event organization and donated for the upkeep of the location where the event is being held.
Can I help organizing the event?
Yes! You can volunteer to help on different tasks like setting up the place, handling equipments, entrance control, security, etc. Send us a message to flashparty (at) gmx (dot) com specifying which area you'd like to help with.
Who can take part of the compos and how?
You can take part by attending the event or remotely. You will find all the necessary details in the rules section.
Important notices and disclaimers
- Flashparty organizers aren't held responsible for any inconvenience or malfunction entrants may have with the electronic equipment they bring to the event.
- There will be loud music and sounds almost at all times in the party room. If you want to rest in the place consider bringing ear plugs.
- The sound emited by the computers of the attendants must be low, bring your headphones to listen to music or take part in the spontaneous audio compos.
- It's possible that the organizers and the attendants may take pictures or footage of the event that will be broadcasted publicly, you accept this fact by participating.
- Internet access is not guaranteed, so if you really need to have it please make sure to bring your own connectivity, 4G or similar.
- If you bring a computer/s please bring your own extension and connectors.
- We recommend you live the full Flashparty experience by staying the whole 3 days.