When and Where?
Flashparty 2019 will was held september 27, 28 and 29 in Buenos Aires, Argentina.
What is Flashparty?
Flashparty is a place of comradery among enthusiasts who use technological platforms in an unusual manner to create artistic pieces and experimental artifacts. A place to show off what you do with the hardware or software you want and compete in a friendly way. A place of convergence between the demoscene, chiptune, hacking, code art and retrocomputer communities and other alternative computing sub-cultures.
What does it feature?
- A community of people interested in showing what they do and take a look at what you do, exchange ideas and socialize.
- A room with big screen projection, big sound and air conditioning.
- A place for you to set up your computer, (portable, desktop, modern/old PC, Commodore 64, MSX, Amiga, ZX Spectrum or the one you choose).
Please bring your own electric extensions.
- Big outdoor place.
- Compos of different categories and disciplines so you can show-off all your nerd skills.
- Real-time generated performances.
- Retrocomputer gaming.
- Spontaneous compos on site during the event.
- Live shows and exhibition of electronic arts.
- Comradery and good vibes, community spirit.
- Internal WIFI network for voting, uploading your entries, chatting, sharing files with other sceners, etc.
Much of the magical experience of Flashparty happens during the code/music/graphic compos but also during the spontaneous performances and community socialization, so we suggest you live the experience during the whole 3 days and nights.
Does it cost any money?
We will require a contribution upon entering. Flashparty is completely non-profit and all the proceedings will be used for the event organization and donated for the upkeep of the location where the event is being held.
Can I help organizing the event?
Yes! You can volunteer to help on different tasks like setting up the place, handling equipments, entrance control, security, etc. Send us a message to flashparty (at) gmx (dot) com specifying which area you'd like to help with.
Who can take part of the compos and how?
You can take part by attending the event or remotely. You will find all the necessary details in the rules section.
Important notices and disclaimers
- Flashparty organizers aren't held responsible for any inconvenience or malfunction entrants may have with the electronic equipment they bring to the event.
- There will be loud music and sounds almost at all times in the party room. If you want to rest in the place consider bringing ear plugs.
- The sound emited by the computers of the attendants must be low, bring your headphones to listen to music or take part in the spontaneous audio compos.
- It's possible that the organizers and the attendants may take pictures or footage of the event that will be broadcasted publicly, you accept this fact by participating.
- Internet access is not guaranteed, so if you really need to have it please make sure to bring your own connectivity, 4G or similar.
- If you bring a computer/s please bring your own extension and connectors.
- We recommend you live the full Flashparty experience by staying the whole 3 days.