Flashparty is a place of comradery among enthusiasts who use technological platforms in an unusual manner to create artistic pieces. A place to show off what you do with the hardware or software you want and compete in a friendly way. A place of convergence between the demoscene, chiptune and retrocomputer communities and other computing sub-cultures.
When and where?
Flashparty 2019 will be held september 27, 28 and 29 in Buenos Aires, Argentina. You can register as attendant here and we will let you know all the details, though registration is not mandatory to attend.
What does it feature?
- A community of people interested in showing what they do and take a look at what you do, exchange ideas and socialize.
- A room with big screen projection, big sound and air conditioning.
- A place for you to set up your computer, (portable, desktop, modern/old PC, Commodore 64, MSX, Amiga, ZX Spectrum or the one you choose).
Please bring your own electric extensions.
- Big outdoor place.
- Compos of different categories and disciplines so you can show-off all your nerd skills.
- Real-time generated performances.
- Retrocomputer gaming.
- Spontaneous compos on site during the event. (The magical part of Flashparty happens during the fast-compos, so we suggest you live the experience during the whole 3 days.)
- Live shows and exhibition of electronic arts.
- Comradery and good vibes, community spirit.
- Internal WIFI network for voting, uploading your entries, chatting, sharing files with other sceners, etc.
- Accelerated DEMO
- Retro/Alternative platform DEMO
- 64kb accelerated intro
- Retro/alternative platform intro
- Processing and/or Puredata animation
- Freestyle graphics
- 8 bit / pixel-art graphics
- Text art
- Streaming music
- Tracked/retro/chiptune music
- Wild / Animation
- Argentine tracker scene remix
- Shader creation with shadertoy or the alike
- Pablo Draw
- Pixel Art
- Youtube channel intro music
- Retro videogame compos
- Other suprise compos that may come up during the event