Flashparty is a demoparty held in Buenos Aires, Argentina, this year we're celebrating the 20th Anniversary of the first Flashparty in 1998.
We want it to be an open event for not just demoscene people but also other creators of the cultures of digital and electronic arts.
The main goals of the event are to create a place of exhibition of these artistic pieces but also spreading the knowledge of these art forms, incorporating more artists to the demoscene and electronic arts in general and encourage linked disciplines like chiptune music composing, pixel-art, live-coding, retrogaming and other areas, increasing ease of access to the know-how and facilitating and environment of collective creation.
Compos will include different areas like executable animation, video animation, streaming music, executable graphics, low resolution art, for modern and retrocomputer platforms.
If you live far away and are unable to come, you're most welcome with your remote entries in any category.
Also, we'll do our best to provide streaming, or at least a way to keep you informed of what's going on in the partyplace.
We invite you to take part of Flashparty 2018!
Flashparty is a place of comradery among enthusiasts who use technological platforms in an unusual manner to create artistic pieces. A place to show off what you do with the hardware or software you want and compete in a friendly way. A place of convergence between the demoscene, chiptune and retrocomputer communities and other computing sub-cultures.
On september 21, 22 and 23 we'll be waiting for you to celebrate the 20th Anniversary of the first argentine demoparty.
NOTE: Remote entries deadline is September 19 - 23:59 argentine time (GMT -3).
At Radioclub Almirante Brown, at Morales 1020 (intersection with Espora avenue) in Burzaco (click for google map), Almirante Brown, Province of Buenos Aires, Argentina. You can register as attendant here and we will let you know all the details, though registration is not mandatory to attend.
What does it feature?
- A community of people interested in showing what they do and take a look at what you do, exchange ideas and socialize.
- A room with big screen projection, big sound and air conditioning.
- A place for you to set up your computer, (portable, desktop, modern/old PC, Commodore 64, MSX, Amiga, ZX Spectrum or the one you choose).
Please bring your own electric extensions.
- Big outdoor place.
- Compos of different categories and disciplines so you can show-off all your nerd skills.
- Real-time generated performances.
- Retrocomputer gaming.
- Spontaneous compos on site during the event. (The magical part of Flashparty happens during the fast-compos, so we suggest you live the experience during the whole 3 days.)
- Live shows and exhibition of electronic arts.
- Comradery and good vibes, community spirit.
- Internal WIFI network for voting, uploading your entries, chatting, sharing files with other sceners, etc.
- Los Pat Moritas
- Toni Leys
- Livecoding Argentina
- Matias Ve Corta
Workshops and talks:
- "Bytebeat" by Gabo Chiano
- "Get on with cooperativism" by Cooperativa Cambá
- "Aphelian: Digital alchimists looking for new ways of music composition" by Aphelian Labs
- "Brief history of argentine home computers" by Replay magazine
- "Pungas Raid" by Tumba Games
Retro gaming tournaments:
C64 / Sega / ZX Spectrum - Galencia, Space lords, and more by Replay Magazine
And also many demoscene and digital art compos you can find here.
- Accelerated DEMO
- Retro/Alternative platform DEMO
- 64kb accelerated intro
- Retro/alternative platform intro
- Processing and/or Puredata animation
- Freestyle graphics
- 8 bit / pixel-art graphics
- Text art
- Streaming music
- Tracked/retro/chiptune music
- Wild / Animation
- Argentine tracker scene remix
- Shader creation with shadertoy or the alike
- Pablo Draw
- Pixel Art
- Youtube channel intro music
- Retro videogame compos
- Other suprise compos that may come up during the event